Teaching Assistants required, West Ealing - London
An 'outstanding' (Ofsted 2015/16) school for students at risk of exclusion in West Ealing has opportunities for Learning Support Assistants, Teaching Assistants, Mentors, Outreach Workers, Youth Workers looking for full time work in Education.
The school supports primary, secondary and post-16 students who have been, or are at risk of being permanently excluded from their mainstream schools and colleges.
The provision is well-resources both in academic and vocational learning using personalised learning plans, 1:1, small group and intensive courses to enrich and develop their students to reach their full-potential.
The school additionally supports pupils with mild to moderate autism, with specialist resources such as sensory rooms and in-house therapists and support workers.
The school are looking for Teaching Assistants who are:
- Experienced and/or interested in supporting children and young people with social, emotional mental health difficulties
- Experienced supporting in mainstream schools, Pupil Referral Units and/or educational provisions
- Qualified with a degree (UK based or UK Naric)
- Committed to the enrichment and development of children and young people
- Able to motivate pupils to fulfil their full potential in education and in society
- Able to be a role model to pupils and enable them to make appropriate choices
- Safeguarding trained or happy to complete safeguarding training
Successful Candidates must be able to:
- Work long term and full-time Monday to Fridays 8:00 - 4:30 (average hours) during school term time
- Prove that they are safeguarding trained or be happy to complete safeguarding trained
- Prove that they hold a valid child DBS registered on the update service or be happy to apply for a child only DBS through Teaching Personnel within a week of interview date
If you would like to work as a Teaching Assistant at this school in West Ealing, send your updated CV and cover letter to the email address provided.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.