We have an opportunity for someone who is currently at Senior Manager or Partner Designate level and now ready to take on responsibility as Partner Designate for a large mixed client portfolio and help manage the team and grow the business. Opportunity to purchase equity in the firm can be available after a qualifying period.
The practice is an independent firm with around 15 members of staff and offices that were recently refurbished. There is plenty of free roadside parking around the practice all within a 2-3 minute walk.
My client is a member firm of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT). They are Registered Auditors and have a DPB licence.
You will be given a full portfolio of clients. Typically this will consist of sole traders and Limited Companies with turnovers ranging between £10,000 to £5+ million. Ideally the right candidate will be able to hit the ground running and need little supervision.
After 1 year there is an option to buy in to the practice.
- Reviewing and signing off on accounts work
- Reviewing and signing off on audit work
- Reviewing personal and corporate tax returns
- Working with the partners to bring in new business
- Being the senior point of contact for your portfolio
- Meeting clients and advising on a broad range of tax and accountancy issues
- Managing, developing and supporting a team of staff
- competitive first year salary (between £50,000-£70,000 subject to experience)
- if option to buy in to practice is taken a split of profits can be negotiated
- option to buy in to the practice after 1 year
- Direct route to partnership available
Ideally you will have undertaken 10 or more statutory audits in the last 2 years and so be able to apply for RI audit status. A strong candidate with less audit experience may also be considered.
Our clients range from sole traders to owner managed Limited Companies, requiring the full range of accountancy services from bookkeeping, VAT, payroll, accounts preparation, tax and audit. The successful applicant must have many years of experience dealing with this type of mixed practice work at a senior level.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business