Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant
Financial & Planning Analysis - £30,000 - £40,000 + 10% Bonus
Your new company
This established company based in South Yorkshire are looking for a Finalist/Qualified Accountant to join their team directly reporting into the Financial Director. Ideally you will have at experience in a similar Financial Planning & Analysis role to ensure a smooth transition to this company. They are well established in their respective market offering a comprehensive service to their clients which develops a high level of quality.
Your new role
You will join the finance team in a pivotal role working on the accounts of several departments within the business. This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be leading the FP&A for the International group of companies and will be key in spear-heading the Company's financial IBP forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. They will provide financial consulting and strategic support to the International Finance Director, senior management and the Corporate team including financial presentations, margin analysis, capital expenditure analysis, new business analysis and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support 'optimal' business decision making. The position reports to the International finance Director.
- Recognise/ Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance
- Recognise Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modelling tools
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies in the standard costing system and understand Standard gross margin, NPI pricing as well as new project
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purpose
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Senior Management Team
- To be responsible for submitting information to the Orchid Group Finance Team as requested.
- To prepare and report the daily, weekly and monthly management information within the defined Accounting timetable. Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial reports
- To co-ordinate stock-takes ensuring that the computer records accurately reflect the physical count, eg cut off procedures etc.
- Reconciliation of all stock and relevant provision accounts
- To take ownership, maintain and develop the standard costing system and regularly update.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis - any other duties as required.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a finalist or Qualified ACCA/CIMA coupled with previous experience in a similar Financial Planning & Analysis role and you will be an organised and willing worker, performing all tasks to a high standard and assisting where needed. Furthermore you need excellent communication skills, and must be able to effectively communicate across all levels of the business to resolve issues and improve processes relating to both Finance and Non Finance professionals. You will need be driven and wanting to further your career coupled with being strong in character and with a robust approach. This role will be challenging but incredibly rewarding.
What you'll get in return
In return, you receive a competitive salary of between £30,000 - £38,000 + 10% Bonus coupled with an environment that exposes you to further aspects of accounting and will enhance your skill set moving forward. There is secure parking onsite and is easily accessible from surrounding towns and cities.