Operations Manager - B2B Events
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to join the Global Finance Operations team at a leading media events and publishing business.
The role will report into the Head of Operations, Global Finance. The position of Operations Manager will play a large role in the operations management for the board range of events within the Finance vertical. The successful candidate will support the Head of Operations to successfully run the flagship events which include conferences, awards, summit and seminars, and will also be taking on full event management themselves on multiply events. The environment is busy and challenging and you have to be able to work on multiple projects at once. The successful candidate will play a role in contributing and shaping the look and feel of the events, bringing new initiatives and ideas to the events we run. The position is best-suited to a creative, self-motivated and confident individual who is happy to work individually and as part of a team, who is willing to fully immerse themselves within the team.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- All aspects of Client liaison, including speakers, sponsors and delegates. Ensuring clients have the premium event experience, through seamless customer service.
- Work with the event budget and understand the important of costs, all elements of cost allocation along with coding and following up on invoices. Gaining experience with P&Ls.
- Detailed structure to the full event planning process, with clear project timelines and milestones and management responsibility for the delivery and success of the events
- Constantly striving for the best cost while still delivering the premium experience.
- Liaison with external and internal suppliers such as procurement, venue, A/V, and printers.
- Production of event materials along with the Operations Manager.
- Travel to international events to run these onsite as part of the operations team.
- Fulfilment of deliverables associated with the sponsorship packages & delivering top level client service.
- Understanding the operations role in enhancing the event client experience, bringing ideas to the table in order to deliver and achieve these enhancements.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in working on conferences and exhibitions, awards and summits
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to flex as appropriate and build strong relationships
- Experience of developing and delivering new ideas and processes
- Exposure to cost management, forecasting and budgeting across multiple events
- Experience in working on multiple global events as a team and individually to time and budget
- Ambitious, energetic, positive and inquisitive constantly looking for the upside and ways of making things better
- Ideas generated, able to bring ideas to the table with confidence and deliver them through.
- Charismatic and passionate
- Naturally inquisitive to achieve organizational goals.
- Proactively manage all aspects of an event, someone who is happy getting their hands dirty and takes time to listen to our customers always looking to exceed expectations.
Whilst the job is based in the London office there will be regular travel to events across EMEA, US and Asia.
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.