We are working with a rapidly expanding business to recruit a Finance Analyst to be based in their Plymouth Head Office. A fundamental part of this role will be to work on several existing and new projects, contributing to the provision of timely management information.
The company has ambitious plans with many projects being run at any one time. The Finance Analyst will play a key role in improving the performance of all projects, including cost-to-date against budget, cost-to-complete and forecast return on investment.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Prepare project cost reports identifying key variances in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly Cost Centre spend reports and hold review meetings with budget holders
- Identify and implement accounting process improvements required to keep pace with a rapidly growing business.
- Prepare accruals & prepayments schedules for month-end accounts
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Work with budget holders to prepare regular expenditure forecasts to be integrated into a rolling financial forecast
- Prepare VAT return
- Prepare weekly and monthly management reports, identifying and investigating anomalies in the reports as they arise
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Finalist / Newly Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- 3+ years commercial experience
- Excellent Excel skills (preferably knowledge of Visual Basic Applications & Open Database Connectivity)
- Well developed communication skills with the ability to influence decisions
- Hands-on approach, innovative problem solver.