Barker Munro Recruitment are delighted to be working with this diverse and successful insurance company who are currently looking to fill the role of Underwriting Manager within their office in Bromley.
As the Underwriting Manager you will be required to manage a team of 7 individuals handling Home, Travel and Pet Insurance. This role will involve using your Underwriting knowledge in addition to project management skills as you will assist in delivering long term underwriting projects. You will be working with key stakeholders delivering new initiatives.
The key responsibilities of the Underwriting Manager are as follows:
- Contribute to the creation, implementation, maintenance and control of the Underwriting strategy to drive forward delivery of business plans, including business metrics and key customer metrics.
- Deliver expert technical and analytical underwriting support to achieve performance targets and the Underwriting strategy including managing the delivery of change within Pricing & Underwriting and across divisions.
- Manage the development of underwriting rules (including referral rules) and rating across all channels, delivering new capability and insight to drive improvements in underwriting footprint management and trading performance.
- Monitor and manage the Home, Pet & Travel portfolio exposure to underwriting risk, including the setting and monitoring of Key Risk Indicator thresholds, supporting and working with the Underwriting Performance team and wider business to deliver mitigating actions.
- Ensure appropriate reporting is in place across relevant trading and risk forums.
- Manage the development of underwriting data sources and question sets, including application fraud prevention tools. Work with the Underwriting Performance team to deliver change and influence key trading and customer metrics.
- Manage the development of the product structure, including cover levels, excesses and terms and conditions, working with the Underwriting Performance team to understand impacts on key trading and customer metrics. Identify opportunities for new product developments, working with the Underwriting Strategy team to deliver business change.
- Ensure Technical & Margin Pricing developments and changes in Pricing capability are appropriate for underwriting purposes, and that underwriting rules are aligned.
- Ensure appropriate Underwriting controls are in place and followed with respect to testing, implementing and adhering to wider company risk appetite.
- Liaise with a wide variety of teams in order to shape, own and deliver your team’s priorities, working effectively with the wider Underwriting team, Category teams, wider Pricing and Underwriting teams and other areas.
To be successful in the above role, you will need technical underwriting experience within home insurance, have been involved with underwriting strategy and have a desire to remove 'underwritingblockers' to enable the business to be a success. You will also have a passion for underwriting development and coach and mentor your team.
If you are interested in the role of Underwriting Manager, please apply by sending your CV to Neil Arnold at Barker Munro using the relevant links.