Pricing Systems Senior Developer
Barker Munro are delighted to be working with this massively successful insurance company who are currently looking to fill the role of Pricing Systems Senior Developer within their office in Bromley.
The key role of the Pricing Systems Senior Developer is to manage and delegate the Workstack for the department. Working within a team of 6 you will be required to be a Subject Matter Expert and provide guidance to other members of the team.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Management, maintenance and delegation of the teams BAU workload
- Maintenance of existing Commercial Lines quoting systems/tools, both front and back end, using Microsoft Access and Excel, SQL Management Studio, Transact-SQL code, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Tables, Logins/ Users and Active Directory Groups
- Testing and Implementation of improvements and fixes to the existing Commercial Lines quoting systems in line with the above point
- Act as a point of contact for users of the Quote Tools, supporting them to help resolve issues and errors, translating some of these into future fixes and development of the tools
- Identify opportunities for improvements to enable tasks to be performed in a more efficient manner and challenge current processes appropriately with suggestions as to how these can be refined
- Engaging in technical discussion with external suppliers as well as internal stakeholders to ensure current and future business needs are met
- Provide on-site, outside of normal working hours support as required for IT Releases or other business initiatives
- Providing access to the company's external datasets to all relevant parts of the business in a format appropriate to the user
- Engaging with IT and the BICC to ensure the Commercial data strategy is supported
- Interact effectively with peers in other areas of the business to improve knowledge share and understand impacts of your work across the wider business. Ensure learning’s are effectively communicated across the team
- Develop knowledge of pricing and underwriting systems and processes; develop your business, market knowledge and awareness of relevant industry issues which impact your area & incorporate in the work that you do
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriately to this role, in line with the company risk framework. Communicate to peers and team managers in a timely manner where you have discovered price, model or data issues and suggest appropriate remedial action
To be successful in the role of Pricing Systems Senior Developer you will need a good knowledge of Excel VBA, Access and SQL. You will use your IT skills to manipulate data to assist the underwriting teams. Any relevant work experience in a similar pricing or analytical role is desirable and any knowledge of 'RadarLive' would be extremely beneficial.
If you would like to apply for the above role, please do so by sending your CV to Neil Arnold at Barker Munro using the relevant links.