Release / Build consultant
My client is a successful software house, with offices throughout Europe, after two decades of success they have continued to scale their solution and now deliver to over 90% of their marketplace. As with all successful organisations the process and operations that support the wider delivery evolve. My client recognises they have a need to automate many areas of their rollout, in addition to the technical knowledge required they are seeking an individual with broad commercial experience able to offer advice from a technical and real-world perspective. Working closely with the wider management team you will be tasked over the next six months with providing a framework to streamline the companies releases to their existing client base and the process of bringing on board new clients.
The successful applicant will display previous experience within a Release / Build Manager role, with experience in relevant technologies which may include:
* In-depth understanding of VSTS or TFS version control, build and release pipeline configuration
* Cloud platform deployment to Azure or AWS
* IaaC skills to deploy and maintain/create a set of VMs and services templating.
* Web Apps/Services deployments on cloud and premises experience
* Scripting (e.g. Powershell, Python)
* Linux basic administration/shell scripting
* Web server basic administration
* Package management (e.g. VSTS, Artifactory, Nexus)
* Database deployment tools (e.g. DACPAC)
* Test integration (e.g. Gherkin, Specflow, JMeter, NUnit, Selenium)
* Exposure to other release-related technologies
* Understanding of core technology components (e,g, LAN, WAN, and wireless communications and protocols, Linux and Windows operating systems, and relational databases)
An immediate start is available for the right applicant. Hurren and Hope offer a weekly payment, Self-Bill invoicing, bad debt insurance, IR35 compliant contracts and an online candidate portal for timesheets. For more information please provide a Word CV. Thank you for your interest.