IT Support and Infrastructure Team Manager
Are you an experienced IT Support and Infrastructure Team Manager looking for a new role in a dynamic and growing organisation? Then this could be the role for you! We are looking for a self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic individual to join our growing IT Team, based in Blackburn at our head office.
The successful candidate will act as team lead to the infrastructure team, providing guidance on day to day support issues, ensuring that support is given by the team in a timely and accurate and appropriate manor. The team lead should be the point of escalation of issues to the IT manager. The infrastructure team lead should also plan and advise on infrastructure upgrades.
Experience and skills;
- Preferably a relevant IT qualification from a recognised body.
- 5+ experience of working in an IT department.
- Previous experience of planning and executing a significant IT upgrade.
- An up to date knowledge of IT Systems and infrastructure
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to inspire/ mentor
- Team player
- Creative problem solver and able to think out-side the box
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work to deadlines
It's an exciting time to be joining us here at GAP as with the recent purchase of SIG Building Plastics and windows businesses, we now have 100 depots and counting! This recent addition presents all our staff with the chance to grow within the business and we are determined to bring the right people on board to help us take the next step.
Duties of the role to include (but not limited to);
- Acting as a role model the successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and will use this work ethic to inspire the rest of the team.
- Ensuring that Support calls are handled by the team in an appropriate and accurate manor.
- Ensuring that support calls are handled within the agreed timescales.
- Escalating major issues to the IT Manager.
- Planning and organising infrastructure upgrades and maintenance.
- Advising on work that is required and providing recommendations to improvements that could be made Delivering projects relating to change management, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Supervise the infrastructure team on a day to day basis.
- Ensure that Infrastructure KPI's and service levels are met.
- Keep Appraisals and Personal development plans for the Infrastructure team up to date.
- Carry out first level HR activities for the IT Support Team.
In return of your commitment and dedication, GAP will provide you with a competitive salary plus; 33 days holiday per annum including bank holidays, a contributory pension scheme after completing your three month probationary period (if eligible) and a family feel environment which we believe is the heart of our success.
If you feel that GAP could be the right place for you, please send your CV in application!
GAP is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80938157