Community Centre Manager
Office Angels are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Community Centre Manager. This is a full time role, located in Edinburgh. Office hours are Monday - Friday, working either 8.30am - 5pm or 9am -5.30pm, with the possibility of the occasional weekend to cover an event. Salary circa £28,000 per annum depending on experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of further income generating opportunities with specific emphasis that the client delivers on its core values and continues as a support facility for the community.
You will provide effective management of the staff team and co-ordination of volunteers and develop a mutually beneficial and sustainable relationship between businesses and all strategic partners.
As part of your role you will also look to provide efficient, high quality support to all governance and management meetings as well as high level financial monitoring of all operations.
General Responsibilities & Duties:
- Successful support and development of existing centre Activities in line with strategic plan.
- Manage and develop excellent relationships with all staff and customers in a 'curatorial' role to enable the smooth operation of existing activity in the centre.
- Oversee and facilitate the management of all activities in co-operation with staff, volunteers and governance bodies.
- Co-ordination of all marketing activities.
- Continued development of a robust, well planned, expanding and financially viable programme that will maximise letting income.
- Development of a robust mix of tenants/users and partners whose aims are broadly in line with the ethos of the centre.
- Build a successful community service programme.
- Liaise with the Financial Management Group and Trustees to ensure the business and social enterprise opportunities are maximised.
- Promote a mutually beneficial and sustainable relationship between the clients, community project and the centre.
- Liaise with external funders and stakeholders where appropriate in conjunction with the Development Manager.
- Evaluate effectiveness and where necessary, in conjunction with the senior management team, plan, prepare, develop and deliver new initiatives that continue to build on and enhance existing programme strategy.
- Manage all staff and team management including leadership, performance management and recruitment.
- Ensure good management and support for all staff and volunteers.
- Development of opportunities to engage volunteers.
- Provide strategic leadership to the centre and report progress to the FMG and Trustees.
- Coordination of the delivery, monitoring and review of the Business Plan.
- Keep fund management group and trustees updated and informed about compliance.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the communication strategy including website, social media and newsletters.
Experience, Skills, Attributes Required:
- Willingness to embrace and nurture the ethos of the centre as a whole.
- Ability to manage and develop staff.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to manage volunteers.
- Strong skills in maintaining and developing links with key customers.
- Ability to manage events and partners.
- Ability to facilitate good governance.
- Understanding of Social Enterprise.
- Understanding of good governance and legal compliance.
- Knowledge of Business planning.
- Previous experience in a management position.
- Previous experience in fund raising.
- Staff management.
- Financial management.
- Ability to work on own initiative to agreed plans and targets.
- A positive outlook.
- Resilience in the face of challenging situations.
- An interest in community activity which promotes inclusion.
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant personally, it isn't always possible and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback. If you are interested in this role and wish to be considered please click apply!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
**If you are currently registered with Office Angels and interested in this role please contact your consultant directly by email**
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80928070