Leeds Building Society is looking for a Mortgage Processor to join our Mortgage Underwriting department, based at our City Exchange Office in the heart of Leeds city centre. The is a Maternity Cover Fixed Term Contract.
About the role
As a Mortgage Processor you will process mortgage applications from new and/or existing customers from receipt to completion in accordance with the Society's service standards and Lending Criteria. This includes achieving the Society's customer service standards and ensuring effective administration in all areas and full compliance with Society audit requirements.
- Ensure that all applications received into the department are processed, accurately and in a timely manner within the department service levels.
- Make sound decisions by gathering and analysing relevant information and ensure all documentation required is received.
- Ensure that appropriate levels of approval are sought from accredited mandate holders.
- Maintain quality standards, reducing errors through a high degree of processing accuracy.
- Take ownership of customers' queries ensuring appropriate solutions are given and seen through to conclusion.
- Build effective working relationships with others and support colleagues in the achievement of team/department objectives.
Do you have the essential skills and experience for this role?
- An understanding of the mortgage process and lending criteria would be desirable.
- PC literate & keyboard skills
- Excellent communicator (oral and written)
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and ensuring deadlines and service standards are maintained
Have you seen our benefits and rewards package?
- Annual salary & performance related bonus
- 23 days annual holiday (Pro Rata)
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both stretching and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
What do you know about Leeds Building Society?
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home. We have won a whole host of awards over the years including Best Companies accreditation, which reflects our continued commitment to colleagues and the customer service they provide to our members. We work hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and partner with numerous local communities and chosen charities. We're not a bank – we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests.
Interested in applying?
- Click “Please Apply” below.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80938490