Property Accountant - Our Client are a leading property consulting and management company in the UK. The company have a reputation for excellence in providing management services throughout the development process. They manage both residential and commercial real estate including some of London's most prestigious commercial buildings.
The Role: They are now looking for an experienced, Property Accountant to join the team and act as interface between the building teams and finance department providing financial and commercial guidance and support.
The Successful Property Account will perform the following duties:
- Ensuring properties are closed monthly.
- Guaranteeing that client statements and VAT reports are generated as part of the month end close practise.
- Ensuring that the database balances against the General Ledger on a monthly basis and carry out control account reconciliations as required.
- Reconciling client bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Producing client reports in accordance with client expectations.
- Visiting the building teams at least once per month to discuss any finance issues and to understand any initiatives.
- Attending quarterly service charge accounting meetings with building teams to review actual expenditure for the year to date against budget.
- Raising Pre-Demand Lists for review by the Property Management Team.
- Raising demands for service charge and rent (if applicable) on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinating the six month forecast and annual service charge budget processes with the Property Teams. Organising and attending first and second draft review meetings. Ensuring budgets are issued at least one month prior to the new service charge year or in accordance with client expectations.
- Ensuring that housekeeping on the service accounting system for the owner, property, and unit and occupier data is performed and amended on a regular basis.
The Person: To apply, you MUST have previous Property/Service Charge Accounting experience. The incumbent will ideally have knowledge of tenant and landlord legislation and also have understanding of the RICS code. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will be proficient in using one of the following Property Management Systems such as YARDI, HORIZON, TRAMPS or QUBE (ECS). This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is an experienced Property Accountant, who is also highly motivated, with strong attention to detail to join a leading property company and gain experience accounting for high value prestigious assets.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80938343