Head of Service Charge Accounts - Residential Management
Head of Service Charge Accounts - Residential Management. Our Client is a renowned residential property management company who concentrate mainly within the central London area. With over 60 years of experience in property management, lettings and sales it makes them one of the most successful property firms in London. As they continue to grow, they have instructed us to find a Head of Service Charge Accounts to manage a small team of accountants.
The Role will be reporting to the Head of Finance and the successful candidate must assume the following responsibilities:
- Monitoring the progress of the team and conducting meetings with the accountants.
- Ensuring time critical deadlines are met as per target schedule in particular the production of year-end audit files to auditors and finalising within six months of year end.
- Ensuring S20b notice is served on accounts not completed within 6 months and complying with Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaising with auditors for all service charge related matters.
- Maintaining client accounts in compliance with RICS/ARMA-Q regulations.
- Ensuring Property Managers are provided with timely quarterly client reporting.
- Introducing standard reporting of client reports.
- Providing support and training staff when required.
- Attending client meetings.
- Attending property managers meeting.
- Ensuring all Company accounts are filed with the Companies House on time.
The Person MUST have good, solid residential service charge accounting experience (from budgets to year-end accounts) and a keen eye for detail. The applicant must show that they are a strong team player who has a proven track record of managing/leading an accounting team. The preferred candidate will have sound IT experience with the ability to use Excel to a high level and be able to use a property management database effectively. They also require someone who has a 'can do' attitude and can adapt to working under pressure as well as meeting deadlines. Good communication skills both written and verbal are essential too.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80938374