Sellick Partnership is exclusively recruiting on behalf of a Financial Services business in Stoke who are looking to appoint an Underwriting Administrator. Due to a rapid increase of work, the business is looking for some support until the end of the year and therefore will need someone with experience in Underwriting.
Purpose of the role
Providing a high standard of customer service in the processing of mortgage applications in association with the business's procedures manual. Efficient processing of mortgage applications in support of the Risk Team, providing efficient and quality internal and external customer service prior to and during completion of mortgage applications in accordance with the procedures manuals and corporate plan.
- To ensure regular customer liaison during all stages of mortgage applications.
- Assess mortgage applications received direct from customers, branches, agents and introducers.
- Provide clear instructions for all information including references, credit checks, etc, required to enable applications to be approved.
- Underwrite and approve mortgage applications per specified level, when all references, credit checks, valuations, etc, are received and apply special conditions to mortgage offers.
- Be involved in one off projects as they arise eg, rate changes, new product launches, etc.
- Ensure that the procedures manuals are up-to-date.
The suitable candidate
- Experience of working within financial services or customer service sectors
- Proven underwriting experience
- Strong communication skill oral and written
- IT Skills
- Positive attitude
- Team player
** Salary and benefits package will be dependant on the individual and will be open to discussion. Closing date for this vacancy is Friday 27th April **
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80945103