Akton Recruitment are on the lookout for a Software Engineer. The company in question design and manufacture special purpose machinery within the packaging industry.
- Software Design
- Development of software specifications with customer.
- Create functional design specification for software.
- Create software in most appropriate format and language.
- Bench test software before release.
- Commission software on and offsite.
- Manage updates with other commissioning engineers.
- Manage version control.
- Report back to management with progress and possible improvements.
- Work with electrical and mechanical engineers to ensure requirements met.
- Feed time scales back to management team for costing and scheduling.
- Customer support with software issues.
- Systems and documentation development for manuals and training.
Desirable/Could be Developed
Degree in software related course
5 years in industrial automation
IEC61131, C,C++ and Visual Basic
Skills & Aptitudes Required
Eye for detail
Personal Qualities Required
Excellent communication skills
Able to rise to a challenge
If you would like to apply to the position send your CV to quoting the reference number SOFTWARE417877427
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80944930