Principal Software Engineer - Blockchain
Blockchain, Cryptography, Agile environment, working in a small team in Belfast city centre..sound good?
A Principal Engineer is needed to join a Belfast city centre company, who have a global reach.
You'll join one of the largest consultancy practices in the world, which now hosts a specialised lab environment focused on delivering new technology solutions within the financial & governmental industries.
As principal software engineer you will lead several teams of engineers, setting technical direction, architecting, building and overseeing technical solutions to meet business requirements, adhering to high coding standards and engineering principles.
You will work closely at all stages of the development process by utilising best practices such as Continuous Integration, building reliable deployment pipelines to aid Continuous Delivery, and using automation to provision environments from development to production.
Due to the nature of this role, although based in Belfast you can expect sporadic travel to London ad-hoc.
Key Skills Needed:
- Architecting and over-seeing N-tier solutions,
- Contributing to and leading application design
- End-to-end involvement in software delivery
- Demonstrating OO development in a commercial environment
- Technical ownership of one or more products
- A range of software delivery tools (source control, agile tools, CI, IDE etc)
- Implementing and following best practices
- Effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management
- Working with team around producing estimates
- Demonstrating initiative
- Coaching and mentoring more junior team members both technically and professionally
- Interacting with clients, product owners and senior executives
- Degree in computer science related discipline
- Delivering in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Understanding of blockchain technologies
- Behavioural Driven Development and Exploratory Testing
- Cloud environment experience
- Microservices architecture practical knowledge
Salary & benefits are highly competitive and will reflect the nature of this company & position.
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80939361