Our client is the largest prestige motor group covering Cumbria, the North East, Lancashire and the South of Scotland and has been successfully trading for over 40 years. Privately owned and family run, the company prides itself on its professional yet personal approach in dealing with and supporting its customers and staff, always committed to the communities it serves. Our client currently has 6 BMW and MINI retailers as well as operating 8 franchise dealerships representing brands including Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Honda, Honda Motorcycles and Motorrad, and 5 state-of-the-art Bodyshops.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Technician to join our client in Carlisle.
As an Apprentice Technician your main duties will be to assist the experienced Technicians within the workshop in carrying out service and repairs of vehicles, and also PDI vehicles sold before they are handed to the customer.
Key duties of a time served Technician are as follows:
* To carry out Services, Pre Delivery Inspections and MOT tests (if designated and authorised) Carrying out those activities as are specified on the relevant schedule.
* Ensuring all the scheduled activities are carried out, designating this on the applicable documentation and/or system including recording the time taken and parts and consumables used by reporting faults/problems found outside the scheduled activity. Seeking authorisation to proceed with rectification work if appropriate by carrying out all such activities within the allowed time frames.
* To Diagnose, report and rectify vehicle faults and problems, by carrying out such activities utilising department diagnostic and analytical equipment and methodologies with recourse to Franchise supplied equipment and systems if appropriate. Seeking advice from Service Management and from Franchise technical support if unable to diagnose fault by reporting cause and effect of problem and ascertaining estimated cost to repair seeking authorisation to proceed and ordering parts required if relevant.
* Ensuring that all activities are carried out within departmental, corporate, Franchise and Safety parameters and that all relevant systems and documents are completed including time recording and warranty information as appropriate.
* To update personal knowledge by keeping abreast of new products and technical diagnostic methodologies as are relevant to the Dealership and Franchise customer base and released on bulletins, information sheets, manuals and systems, processes and briefings.
* Attending Franchise and in-house training courses, seminars and briefings as are relevant by eliciting technical help and advice from specialists as required, incorporating methods and techniques learned into personal working competences.
The ideal Apprentice Technician will have the following skills and experiences:
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- IT Literate
- GCSE grades (or predicted) A-C in Maths & English and 1 other subject
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and follow a short application process.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80930561