- Full Time
Credit Controller - Residential Lettings. Our Client is a the management arm of a rapidly expanding real estate and private equity firm who now have over £1 billion of investments for a range of investors under management. Due to their continued growth they are seeking an experienced Credit Controller who has been working within the residential lettings area.
The Role will involve but is not limited to:
- Managing debt collections across the portfolio, including attending site meetings with tenants if required.
- Uploading, reviewing and following-up of outstanding rent arrears.
- Chasing tenant regularly to improve cash flow and meet collection targets.
- Producing weekly aged debtor's reports and chasing tenants by telephone and letter.
- Instructing bailiffs or solicitors where necessary to recover arrears.
- Raising purchase orders for works instructed to bailiffs or solicitors.
- Preparing all the necessary paper works to attend court hearings to recover the outstanding debt.
- Preparing weekly debtors report for Financial Controller and Managing Director.
- Serving relevant notice (section 8 or 21) for rent arrears and chasing former tenant debts.
- Planning and executing credit control procedures, identifying areas for improvement and implementing procedural changes to maximise efficiency, accuracy and productivity.
- Allocating monies on a daily basis to the tenant ledger and refunding any overpayments.
- Issuing correspondence to tenants; advising them of rent payment charges, endeavouring to secure payments by direct debit.
- Ensuring all accounts are up to date and legal actions are taken after initial stage.
- Discussing bad debts with the accountant on a quarterly basis to make financial provisions.
- Raising monthly and ad hoc tenant charges.
The Person MUST have prior experience of working as a Credit Controller within the Real Estate sector ideally with an established Estate Agency. Knowledge of the residential property sector and relevant legislations (section 8 and 21) are needed as part of this sole charge role. Strong IT skills are essential and experience of using a property management system such as QUBE, TRAMPS, MRI, YARDI or similar will be advantageous. The ideal candidate will be able to keep to strict deadlines and timelines, be able to communicate effectively through all means to other staff members, customers and clients and be able to think proactively and intuitively in difficult situations. This is a very good opportunity to join a company at an interesting time.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80919406