We're currently seeking an experienced Commercial Gas Engineer (ACS) for mobile works around the North of the UK, Yorkshire to East coast.This is a temp-to-perm full time role, 40 hours per week with a view to transfer to permanent following 13 weeks probation. Salary £28.5k - £31k per annum (depending on skills and experience). Call out is circa 1 in 11 (£115 standby) and overtime will be available.
Our client is a leading Building Services, FM and Construction Firm with an eclectic portfolio and a superb reputation in the industry. A large part of the positive perception is due to their excellent working environments, low personnel turnover and a staff development ethos based on mutual trust and responsibility. We find recruiting for this company generates vast interest from operative to Director level.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Commercial Gas Engineer are:
- To undertake heating/combustion maintenance reactive repair works as issued within set time frames to ensure client expectations are met
- To proactively identify and undertake heating/combustion maintenance works (reactive works not yet identified by the client)
- To undertake heating/combustion PPM works, within set time frames to ensure statutory compliance
- To undertake heating/combustion improvement works as required
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant including basic electrical fault finding
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of all plant room equipment
- Maintain stock control systems as directed
- Maintain the cleanliness of plant rooms, workshops and storage areas
- Carry out on call duties as part of a rota
- To ensure that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents / records are maintained accurately
- Significant previous experience in a similar service environment (Commercial gas)
- Must be flexible in their approach to work
- Recognised Mechanical / Electrical Trade Apprenticeship
- ACS Commercial and Domestic Gas
- (Domestic Gas qualifications CCN1, CEN1, CPA1)
- (Commercial Gas qualifications CIGA1, COCN1, CBHP1, ICPN1, TPCP1A)
- A full driving licence is essential for this role
- Experience of BMS systems
- HVAC Control Systems
- A basic electrical qualification e.g. 17th edition IEE
- Previous experience of PFI building maintenance
- Legionella Awareness
- Knowledge of the pressure system regulations
What happens now:
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors. To request further information on our active vacancies please visit our website www.prsjobs.com
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80927840