Infrastructure System Administrator - Financial Services
Infrastructure Systems Administrator (Financial Services)
Purpose of role:
We are looking to recruit a well-rounded Systems Administrator with the drive to make the next step in their career. The ideal candidate will have experience in a wide range of environments and have strong understanding of core IT principles, best practices and how a large enterprise functions.
They will be joining the Wintel team within the IT Infrastructure department at Man.
The team is responsible for the management of the global Windows server estate, VMWare virtualisation platform, Citrix and Cloud platforms. They perform day to day support and administration of each of these technologies as well as owning the architecture and design of this element of the Infrastructure.
The specific responsibilities of the role include:
- 3rd line support of Microsoft Technologies
- Be one of the technical authorities with the team and wider Infrastructure department
- Administration of HP server estate, Microsoft estate, Citrix and associated technologies.
- Maintaining a consistently high level of service delivery for incidents, requests and changes.
- Administration of Mans Azure tenant.
- Providing support and advice to other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users.
- Working with 3rd parties and suppliers to select and implement new technologies.
- A background in 2nd and 3rd line technical support role
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- The ability to think on your feet and keep calm under pressure
- Understanding of how Microsoft technologies scale in a large environment
- Deep understanding of virtualisation technologies with at least 1 year hands on experience with either VMWare vSphere 5+ or Hyper-V.
- A current background in Microsoft core Infrastructure technologies: Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows Server 2016, Active Directory and DNS
- Strong PowerShell / PowerCLI scripting for reporting and automation.
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies and how they can be beneficial to large organisations
- Knowledge of the ITIL management framework and an understanding of how to apply this correctly in an agile, medium sized business.
- Excellent communication skills with IT staff, end users and VIPs.
- A current background in System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) or System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Advanced PowerShell techniques
- Knowledge in any of the following areas: SRM, vCenter and vRealise Automation
- Hyper converged technologies; HP VSA and vSAN
- Cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Technical, IT Service Management (ITIL) or Project Management (PRINCE) certifications.
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in the finance industry and the various functions within a financial institution.
- A desire to learn and understand more about the Business environment in which you work.
About Man Group:
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $112.7bn of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across 25 jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM.
As at 31 March 2018. All investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment 'engines' of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80932270