Service Engineer - London
Service Engineer - London - £35k to £45k
One of the biggest Energy Trading houses in Europe and strongest competitors in the gas industry, their headquarters boast Europe’s largest energy trading floor.
What will I be doing?
- Being part of a centralized application team covering any applications raised across the business.
- You will be monitoring application processes and workflows.
- Working with the help desk and the Incidents and Problems managers; performing related Root Cause analysis while meeting service levels.
- Providing ad hoc solutions after analysing situations quickly.
- Assisting the team and business to develop small enhancements for applications before they go-live.
- Constantly looking for improvement opportunities (functionality/performance) through taking advantage of new technologies or ideas (thinking outside of the box).
- Programming skills in Java and/or .NET.
- SQL knowledge as well as experience in at least one scripting language; first experience in Sharepoint development is an asset.
- Development lifecycle knowledge – from requirements gathering to deployment.
- IT support experience; ITIL knowledge is an asset.
- IT general knowledge like Windows, MS Office, databases, web/fat clients, networks etc.
- High degree of personal commitment, motivation and ability to work independently as well as readiness for occasional travel and to support application teams 24x7 on a call out basis.
- Be part of a new and growing team.
- Excellent salary and benefits package.
- A great company on your CV!
If this is all sounding like you.... Apply! Apply! Apply!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80942345