Assistant Claims Manager
Assistant Claims Manager
Salary: £20,000- £30,000
Hours: Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
Covering Maternity- 12months (start date 1st August 2018)
Due to maternity leave, we are now looking to recruit an Assistant First Party Claims Manager to join our dynamic and forward-thinking teams. They key focus of this role is to assist with the day to day operational management of the Standard First Party Claims teams, with accountability for Total Loss, Repair, Recovery, Technical and Admin Functions, focusing on:
- Quality of claims handling
- Work state management and delivery against SLA's
- Staff development, training and succession planning
Continuous Improvement of process & procedures
- Operational management of the Standard First Party Team Leaders including acting as an operational referral point for the Claims Handling staff.
- Actively participate in the Senior Claims Management Team, by presenting ideas/solutions where issues/challenges have been identified.
- Maintain excellent market knowledge of claims issues and legislative changes and proactively manage changes required to reflect the changing claims environment and Group claims strategy within First Party Claims
- Maintain strong overview of claims control processes, continually identifying any areas where the Group is exposed and implementing improvements.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Group Claims teams to ensure there is close alignment and understanding of objectives,
- Measure and drives improved leakage and recovery performance and ensure there is a robust strategy in place.
- Rectify any issues identified and drive a high-performance culture to support claims objectives, strategy and philosophy.
- Continuously identify and refine the Management Information requirements of the Claims Management team and prepare regular and ad-hoc reports on operational performance particularly in relation to performance against agreed service levels, key performance indicators and claims leakage.
- Produce and deliver Action Plans associated to any areas of improvement/development required. Make financial and handling decisions to benefit the company with minimal referral.
- Provide 121 coaching, feedback and maintain performance development plans
- To adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly;
- A demonstrable successful background in managing team leaders towards leading, motivating and developing high quality team performance.
- The ability to maintain high standards of professionalism and to work flexibly within an occasionally high-pressured environment.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills
- Strong customer service and dispute resolution skills
- Ability to mentor and train
- Demonstrates a full understanding and ability to implement delivery of department KPI's and SLA's
- Detailed understanding of AD and Recovery claim handling and the levers required to drive a pro-active claims handling model
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other relevant packages with fast and accurate typing skills, and a high level of grammar, spelling and punctuation
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80927821