Lab Operations Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, are currently seeking a Lab Operations Technician based at their Research & Development Facility in Seacroft, Leeds. This is a full time temporary role for a period of 2 years with a view to extend, working a 37.5 hour week. This role is paying £18,000 per annum.
We are seeking a Lab Operations Technician for our client based at their Deodorant research facility.
* Ensure a safe working environment for all whilst conducting any laboratory activities.
* Responsible for the update of appropriate Health & Safety documentation e.g. SOP, COSHH & Risk assessments.
* Work with the Analytical Lab Leader to ensure routine calibration is carried out and that all wet chemistry instrumentation is maintained within recommended calibration window.
* Oversees the daily washing of analytical glassware - load and empty the dishwasher and put all clean glassware away in the appropriate cupboard/draw.
* Ensure good housekeeping standards throughout the lab; liaise with the lab Leader on none compliance with expected standards
* Keeping communal Lab areas clear and safe
* Key member of the 5S team - sorting cupboards, labels, spreadsheets
* Keeping all consumables in stock, making orders for people when they need specific items, maintenance orders
* Filing of reports; documents etc.
* Taking lab coats for cleaning
* Co-ordinates packing of routine samples for 3rd party analysis.
* Follows the process for managing the outsourcing program - lease with Lab Leader
* Access to Extranet - manage the Samples requests
Experience working as a Lab technician
Interest in this area and keen to learn new skills
Good IT skills including Excel
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80929652