Senior Business Systems Architect 16608
Senior Business Systems Architect
Working Hours: Mon - Fri (37.5 hpw)
Are you a forward thinking, motivated individual who wants to enhance a career in Business Analysis, and work alongside other high profile businesses in the UK? We are looking for experienced senior configuration design Architects to join the management of a highly driven and successful Solutions team, who are committed to delivering software solutions to our clients that enable them to make fast and accurate business decisions. The role you play, will help clients meet their business requirements through delivery of software that is configured to allows them to protect both themselves and their customers, whilst growing their portfolio of customers in line with their risk appetite. You will work alongside and lead a team of analysts with the delivery of software configuration changes. You will be responsible for the end to end delivery of complete client deliveries and represent that solution within Experian.
Experian is a market leading organisation who specialise in providing data, analytics and technology solutions that help people and business achieve their goals across the global. As a FTSE100 business, Experian work across multiple market sectors providing services to clients in the Banking, Financial Services, Telecommunications, Insurance, Public Services, Government and emerging markets.
We believe data has the power to change lives. By helping people and organisations make the most of their data, we can make a positive difference to our society and communities.
Where there is complexity, we bring clarity. We combine data, analytics and technology to help our clients better understand and meet the needs of their customers. We enable clients to make smarter, faster decisions about people, businesses and markets. And we also help them minimise risk while
Our suite of data-powered software solutions and tools are built to make every process and interaction as efficient and profitable as possible. We give clients the technology to define, automate, test and optimise credit risk and fraud prevention decision making.
Experian currently employs approximately 17,000 people across 39 different countries, with corporate headquarters in Dublin (Ireland), operational headquarters in Nottingham (UK), California (US) and São Paulo (Brazil). We continually invest in innovative technologies and talented people to help create a better tomorrow.
About the role
Working within our Solutions function, the senior architect team leads work on delivering software solutions to our clients, in collaboration with other architects, analysts, consultants and project managers to ensure that the agreed business requirements are met.
This role allows you to develop a wide variety of business, technical and interpersonal skills, working with some of the world's largest organisations, helping them react quickly to market opportunities and conditions, and allowing them to implement strategies that help them fulfil their credit appetite at the earliest opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading and delivering multiple end to end software configuration activities using our in-house software packages. In principle, interpreting business requirements into configuration changes using one of our design studios, and then verifying the success of their changes through various test harnesses before releasing the changes to be fully tested, by internal test teams and/or by our clients.
- Lead strong client engagement across multiple project engagements; including risk and issue management
- Undertake, direct and mentor design and analytical activities to help identify how business requirement can be turned into configuration changes, and delivery them to time and quality
- Direct resources according to demand priorities and capacity
- Provide full support to clients throughout the lifecycle of a delivery project (Design, Build, Test and Implementation)
- Support senior management in achievement of business objectives strategic change and direction
- Contribute to a Community of Practice and the definition of best practices
Essential Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level in a computing / analytical / statistical / mathematical discipline or relevant experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a logical mind
- Strong conceptual ability, both for analytical problem solving and shaping the design of solutions - ability to look at issues and requirements from a business perspective and then translate this into a solution
- Experience of delivering software solution / configuring software through a Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Knowledge of SQL scripting and relational databases
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Leading Workshops/Meetings
- Experience of leading teams within a project governance framework
- Highly motivated; consistently takes initiative; demonstrated ability to work independently and to lead and motivate others
- Drive, ambition, goal oriented and enthusiasm
- Ability to multi-task, organise and prioritise their workload, and that of others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tool suite including latest versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience working in or with Credit Risk teams and their solutions
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80929072