Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk – Woking
£24,000 - £26,000
Our client due to recent growth is seeking an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their prestigious offices with local amenities, free parking and walking distance to public transport. Working in a dynamic accounts department, you have the ability to keep up with a busy workload, dealing with high volume purchase ledger.
- Setting up of Purchase Ledger Accounts and evaluation of Supplier Financial Status for key supplies.
- Processing invoices.
- Undertake day to day financial transactions including verifying, matching, obtaining authorisation, posting and preparing for payment in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Monthly reconciliation of Supplier Statements and reconciliation of the Creditors Ledger.
- Liaise with Suppliers and Quantity Surveyors / Buyers to resolve any invoice queries arising.
- Validation, processing and payment of employee expenses in accordance with Company Policies and procedures.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing supplier status.
- Setting up new accounts
- Processing invoices and expenses
- Preparation of Payment Runs
- Monthly reconciliation of Supplier Statements.
- Monthly Reconciliation of Purchase Ledger to Creditors Account
- Pro-active investigation and resolution of invoice queries
- Input into the Cash Forecasting process regarding payments.
- Identification of VAT status of Projects and ensuring application to invoices correctly.
- Assisting with the general administration duties within the Finance team.
- Ad hoc activities as and when arising
Person / Experience Required
- Have strong Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable experience (2+ years)
- Ideally experience of high volume, high value purchase ledger
- Strong IT Skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Potential study package offered for the right candidate
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80931491