Principal Embedded Software Engineer
For Eaton's Life Safety Division we are looking to hire:
Principal Embedded Software Engineer
location: Cwmbran, UK
Eaton's Cooper Life Safety manufactures a comprehensive range of mains and emergency lighting solutions for commercial and industrial applications.
As a Principal Embedded Software Engineer you will be highly proficient at designing software architectures, developing well documented embedded software in C and PIC assembler, and be experienced with full development lifecycles, project management and time management. Proficiency with 8/16/32-bit microprocessors and their peripheral sets (ADC, UART, PWM, etc), and an overall appreciation for electronic designs to facilitate unit testing and software debugging is essential. Experience with graphical displays (standard or touch screen), communication protocols and technologies, and analogue signal processing, along with an understand of software design tools and practices (such as PCLint, Doxygen, etc) is also desirable.
As part of a multi-discipline engineering team, you will ensure all designs comply with the product specifications, current local legislation and regulatory standards. You will provide software documentation in accordance with the regulatory standards. You will ensure code is in accordance to industry and company coding standards.
- Part of a multi-discipline engineering team
- Ensure all designs comply with the product specifications, current local legislation and regulatory standards
- Provide software documentation in accordance with the regulatory standards
- Ensure code is in accordance to industry and company coding standards
- BA degree
- Embedded C programming
- Communication Protocols (CANbus, RS485, RS232, I2C, I2S, RF)
- Experience of Software Design Documentation and Requirements Capture
- Microprocessor Experience(8/16/32 bit) STM, TI and Atmel experience beneficial
- Microprocessor Peripherals Experience (ADC, PWM, UART, SPI, TIMERS, etc)
- Electronics Appreciation - should be able to read schematics and make appropriate software architecture decisions based on the electronics design
- Software Design Tools (Version Control Management, PCLint, Doxygen, etc)
- Debugging / Unit Testing / Fault Finding Skills
- Project Management and Time Management
- Mentoring junior engineers and developing engineers to increase knowledge
- Good understanding of software development lifecycles
- Keil IDE, SVN and Mantis experience beneficial but not essential
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Culture & Values - at Eaton, our values and culture define who we are
- Inclusion & Diversity - openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Cooper Life Safety is a global leader in solutions and technologies designed to save lives and protect property. They are found in the most demanding industrial, residential and commercial environments and offer fire and security detection, traditional and LED illumination, emergency notification, safe electrical installation and escape route communication. For more information, visit www.cooper-safety.com.
Please note that by applying for this vacancy, you will be a subject of background screening.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80933283