Finance Manager (Financial Services)
Your new company
A global leader in the financial services sector with offices across the world, this company have a diverse product portfolio and are a recognised name in their field.
Your new role
Supervising a small team, this role will be an integral part of the global finance team and will form part of the Head Quarters team. You will be directly managing one, but have workflow management of 6.
Duties will include
- Production and distribution of monthly management reports, including variance analysis and commentaries;
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts for the Learning business;
- Preparation and finalisation of audited annual financial statements, including liaison with the external auditors;
- Maintenance and enhancement of the financial control environment to continue to meet the Group's SOX requirements;
- Further development of financial reporting processes, including interaction with the ERP system used by the business;
- Responsible for completion and filing of various statutory returns including UK VAT and, with the assistance of outsourced assistance, the VAT returns for certain European countries;
- Liaison with in-house payroll personnel and payroll entries;
- Ad hoc tasks as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a qualified accountant who has gained their experience in a broad accounting role.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar), with relevant post qualified experience
- Experience in managing accounts teams and liaising with group heads
- Knowledge of International GAAP would be beneficial
- Well-developed communication skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrable track record of success in a large finance team
- Good excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP or similar accounting systems, including reporting packages
- Knowledge and experience of SOX compliance would be beneficial, although not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will get to be part of a global business with a genuine brand reputation and an excellent staff retention record. This is a business that reward and promote successful team members and this will be a long term opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80931069