Junior Operations Manager – International Tourism Company
SANDEMANs NEW Europe is renowned for its famous FREE TOUR and specialized, top-quality walking tours, designed for and loved by independent travellers from around the globe. With administrative offices in London and Berlin, we promote walking tours in 19 cities around Europe, the Middle East and the US - we’re a growing business in an exciting industry. We see tourism as more than travel; by making walking tours accessible to more people we hope to bring wider cultural understanding and mutual appreciation across the planet.
We are currently seeking a motivated graduate to oversee our operations in Liverpool. We believe in providing opportunities for the right people to gain experience in management and tourism and think that the right qualifications, attitude and determination can be as valuable in our industry as practical experience. If you’d like to kick-start your career in this exciting industry we’d like to hear from you!
The role of the Junior Operations Manager is challenging, varied and very hands-on. The Junior Operations Manager is responsible for successfully running the operations of their business unit, providing top-level customer service, maintaining and improving relationships with local business partners and ensuring excellent relations with freelance tour guides. The Junior Operations Manager in Liverpool deals closely with our customers from around the world on a daily basis – having excellent English communication skills is critical, speaking Spanish is hugely advantageous.
We're looking for someone with a completed degree and a background in sales and customer service who is interested in getting their foot in the door in the tourism world. The ideal candidate will have the drive and determination to push the business forward over the coming years. The successful applicant will start a training period in a junior management position, with an experienced mentor.
The role will include:
- Ensuring and supervising the smooth running of daily operations
- Managing relations with freelance guides and accommodation partners
- Providing top-level customer service and developing strategies for increasing sales
- Preparing monthly, weekly and ad-hoc management reports for the Senior Management Team and providing a full analysis of performance data, including budgeting and revenue forecasting
Desired skills and experience:
- Have a BA or equivalent
- Have a hands-on, flexible approach and be willing to take on a broad variety of tasks
- Have a proficiency level (or native) English, Spanish highly advantageous
- Effective and demonstrable sales skills
- Be computer literate and feel comfortable using Microsoft Excel in particular
- Have good organisational skills and feel confident working with people
- Be able to work highly independently and show confidence when making decisions
- The chance to travel and learn about business in the fast-paced and exciting youth-travel industry
- Training and mentoring opportunities tailored to fit your strengths and weaknesses
- Mostly autonomous and highly varied work
- The opportunity to be part of an incredibly diverse workforce, cooperating with managers and directors from around the world and every department of the company
- Potential to grow in the company in a number of different areas
The ideal candidate will have passion for Liverpool, knowledge of what’s on in the city (culture, events) and have a genuine interest and enthusiasm in customer service. Ideally you will have experience in the tourism/hostel sector and live the SANDEMANs NEW Europe brand.
You will be working in a fun and fast paced environment with dynamic people from every corner of the globe. We offer a full-time position and a competitive salary based on experience.
If you meet all the above-mentioned requirements, send us your CV together with an introduction to yourself explaining why you’d be great for this position and for us.