Mechanical Design Engineer
Akton Recruitment are on the lookout for a Mechanical Design Engineer in Sheffield area. The company in question are in the Automation and Switchgear industry - in particular Rail and Oil and Gas. We need someone to Design hardware and enclosures for such solutions - please read below for more details.
- 3D and 2D (SolidWorks and AutoCad) Design/ Development activities on new orders and product developments.
- Stress and Loading calculations (Lifting, pressure etc).
- Drawing Control and Management.
- Design of Certified Enclosures and production of certification drawings.
- Design for cost effective solutions and continues improvements.
- Strong design of welded enclosures (flame proof enclosures extremely desirable).
- Strong machining and mechanism design knowledge
- Pressure retention enclosures
- Design calculations (hand and FEA)
- Sheet metal design
- Knowledge of electrical principals and design, i.e. creepage and clearances.
If you would like to apply to this role then send your CV to quoting the reference number SHEFF417877424.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80931784