Pianist Job Description:
The position of Pianist at Redeem House Ministry is a very important ministry as it relates to the church’s traditional worship style. The purpose of the position is to facilitate an atmosphere in which God is worshipped and glorified, and to contribute to the music ministry of the Church by playing the piano for congregational singing, choir and special music presented in worship services. It is a part time, 7-12 hours per week, and support staff position with duties primarily on Sundays.
This part- time position will primarily be responsible for playing the congregational music and assisting with the participation of the Body of Believers in solos, duets, trios, ensembles, etc. with either instrumental or vocal talents on a regular basis in the worship services. This position will be responsible for playing the piano for choir rehearsal and for the music during Sunday morning and Friday evening worship services. The music style of Redeem House Ministry is traditional with blend of some contemporary praise music.
Additional accompaniment for the choir and congregational singing will consist of an organist and perhaps other instruments such as a guitarist, drums, or other instruments on occasion. This position requires that one work well with the Music Director, Pastor, other musicians, choir members, soloist, duets, etc. and reports to the Music Director as well as the Personal Committee. Work is reviewed through observation, supervisory evaluation, and committee and congregational feedback for effectiveness of the Pianist of Redeem House Ministry.
1. Play for morning and evening worship service, one choir rehearsal each week including offertory, prelude and solos.
2. Play for special services and special choir rehearsals (musical activities such as Revival, Christmas, Easter and other special programs.
3. Consult with the Music Director on matters pertinent to piano maintenance.
4. Perform duties requested by the Music Director and support all areas of the Music Ministry as needed for Sunday Services.
5. Keep work areas neatly maintained and organized, presentable and neat at all times.
6. Providing music for wedding and funerals is not included in the pianist responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. must have previous experience
2. Believe in the inerrant Word of God.
3. Ability to read music is required.
4. Individual must be able to work well with others and be able to thrive under the constructive criticism/ evaluation of church leadership.
5. Prior church piano playing experience is preferred (volunteer).
7. Requires passing criminal background checks.
8. Requires commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings.