Intellectual Patents Administrator (Maternity Cover)
My client is a world leading manufacturer, operating for over 70 years and is at the forefront of the industry. The materials they manufacture are classed as advanced engineering materials, widely used across industries and markets around the world; from playing a vital role in the production of next generation automotive engines, to powering high speed digital telecommunications equipment.
Group Intellectual Property provides IP services across the entire global footprint of the Group. As an innovation led business, my client seeks to protect its inventions by patents, and Group IP is responsible for the drafting and maintaining of the patent portfolio and is also involved in licensing and other IP related agreements. Reporting to the Senior IP Manager you will be assisting with a substantial portion of the patent administration activities necessary to ensure the effective and efficient running of the Group IP Department. We are looking for someone who fits well into a small, friendly, focused team, is co-operative, helpful, and enthusiastic. Once trained, you will be expected to work under your own initiative to a large extent.
Duties and Tasks
- Entering essential patent data information accurately onto the IPSS database
- Assisting with filing of patent applications worldwide and all other patent formality related tasks
- Using Patent On-line filing systems i.e. EPO-Online and being able to prepare filings at the UK IPO
- Dealing with incoming correspondence, both hard copy and electronic (email)
- Preparing assignments
- Arrange for signatures for patent forms such as Assignments and Powers of Attorney
- Filing documents in Group IP physical files and on the electronic document store
- Corresponding with agents in other jurisdictions
- Preparing diary reports for IP
- Processing invoices from external suppliers
- At least 2 A levels or equivalent, degree education beneficial
- At least 2-3 years Patent
- Administration experience is desirable from an all-rounder patent administration background
- CIPA Qualification is desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Intermediate or Advanced user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy with a methodical approach
- Ability to work with data
- Punctual, precise, able to work to deadlines
- Able to work confidently using own initiative
- Ability to multi-task and work in an environment with many interruptions
- Ability to deal with frequently changing priorities with adaptability and flexibility
- Capable of working as part of a support team where high personal performance is the norm
- Creative thinker
- Proactive and self-motivated with a can-do attitude
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.