We’re looking for a high calibre individual to work as a Payroll Assistant within our complex, global business. Working in our friendly team at our offices in central Brighton, a stone’s throw from the train station, the Payroll Assistant’s job is to support the Payroll Manager in preparing the monthly payrolls, maintaining the payroll system and ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations in the UK, Europe, North America and multiple regional offices. This involves management of the payroll systems and processes, monthly journals, reconciliations and controls, and relationship management with centres and Human Resources.
The Payroll team run three main payrolls for the UK as well as in Ireland and Holland in Europe, two American and one Canadian payroll. The team also run payrolls for the Asia and EMEA regions.
Responsibilities for the job include:
Payroll systems and processes
- Maintenance of the payroll system, administering changes to employee data, updating for starters and leavers and variations to contracts.
- Ensuring high levels of quality by thoroughly reviewing input data.
- Processing monthly pay-claims, timesheets and additional ad-hoc payments.
- Processing payroll in ADP, reviewing all inputs and checking payslips and payroll reports.
- Ensure all payroll journals relating to entities are correctly posted to the ledger.
- Liaising with Human Resources and Centres to ensure that all data, updates and claims are received in a complete and timely manner.
Reconciliations and Controls
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure static data is regularly reviewed.
- Prepare and review audit control reports for changes to employee and bank data.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory compliance.
- Support HMRC enquiries and investigations as required.
- Develop and maintain internal relationships throughout the centres and functional departments.
- Maintain relationships with Human Resources in New York, Brighton, London and Singapore.
- Liaison with auditors at interim audit and final audit.
Ad hoc project work
- Assist the payroll and HR teams in process improvement and implementation of HR work flow processes and a new HRIS.
- Involvement in Finance team projects e.g. finance systems.
About Study Group
Study Group is one of the world’s largest international education and training organisations. Every year over 77,000 students from more than 170 countries choose to study with Study Group. We invest in international students’ futures and enhance their prospects by focusing on the way they learn as well as the qualifications they achieve.
Our ethos is best summed up by the phrase "Students First". The success and well-being of our students is at the heart of everything we do, and it's what drives us to excel.