Technical Project Manager
About the role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our innovative team in Newtownabbey. As the Technical PM, you will be tasked with delivering quality software products and services to time and target/budget and also to develop and progress individuals within the team.
About Capita | AMT Sybex
Capita AMT Sybex is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 75,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide world leading Enterprise Asset Management software for organisations within the infrastructure and energy industries. We provide solutions in three key areas; Mobility, Smart Energy and Enterprise Asset Management.
- Part of the management team and expected to represent the company in terms of policies, procedures, briefing of company communications. Expected to lead by example.
- Line manager for a development / technical team and first point of contact for team members to report issues, problems and queries including personnel issues
- Responsible for managing a team of staff to deliver quality work on time to budget.
- Responsible for estimation of costs and timelines for new development requests
- Ensure advice is provided; knowledge shared and mentor members of the team.
- Motivate team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Consistently acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions
- Review delivery of work in particular, the development and technical aspects, as well as supporting others in the delivery.
- Responsible for developing their team and individuals within that team, in terms of identifying and resolving performance issues, and identifying training and coaching needs.
- Responsible for formal and informal performance reviews and feedback sessions for members of the team.
- Responsible for discipline and behaviour of team, such as time keeping, adherence to company policies and procedures, and communication with the rest of the team.
- Responsible for briefing their team routinely and establishing regular formal as well as informal communication channels.
- Identifies and communicates areas for improvement and suggested solutions to line manager.
- Production and management of development schedules and implementation of changes and improvements to ways of working and introduction of product changes or additions.
- Inputs to salary and promotion reviews for team.
- Inputs to recruitment and interviewing.
- May be 'seconded' out of line management to work on significant areas of change or process improvement within the Belfast office or across the company.
Your experience will include:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or an equivalent qualification in another technical field.
- Ten years plus technical experience and managing people/clients
A technical background and knowledge of the following:
- Enterprise Java
- Java Application Servers
- Design and development of high performance Java code in a multi-core environment
- SQL and RDBMS design
- Proven Line Management skills
- Project status reporting skills
- Management and control project risk and issues
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, car allowance or company car and a very competitive commission structure, we also give you23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.