Business Accounts Clerk
We never underestimate how essential our colleagues are to keeping our business moving and growing. We are looking for people who are passionate about our companies and our products.
The Job: Business Accounts Clerk
Location: Finance department, Crewe office
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours & Shift Pattern: 37.5 Hours 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
WHO’S RIGHT FOR THE ROLE?
We are "Passionate about Retail" so we want people who are passionate about what they do, are resilient, flexible, good team players and good with detail. We’re also looking for a good mix of bright ideas, common sense and a strong work ethic.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Processing new Business Account customer credit account application forms
- Processing Discount Card customer application forms
- Updating spreadsheets that record all applications received
- Opening and maintaining customer accounts
- Preparing and sending out Welcome Packs (containing account cards) to new Business Account customers
- Activation of Business Account customer store cards
- Card maintenance on customer accounts (including card cancellation and issuing replacement, additional and new cards)
- Processing and posting sundry invoices and credit notes
- Filing and archiving
- Handling customer enquiries by telephone, email and letter
- Liaising with other departments to help resolve customer queries
- Assisting the Credit Control team with their duties when short-staffed when required
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN YOU
- A confident, positive, enthusiastic, organised, focused Finance professional, who is friendly at all times.
- Clear, concise and professional verbal and written communication abilities.
- Real passion for taking care of and happy liaising with, internal and external customers at all levels, making sure your customers are looked after courteously and professionally at all times.
- Confidence to deal with challenging situations when they arise.
- A proven problem solver, with the ability to relish the challenge of getting things done, not only fixing problems but making the necessary adjustments to prevent reoccurrence.
- Strong numeracy skills as well as great attention to detail.
- An active team players who is also capable of working under your own initiative.
- An industrious work ethic and able to enjoy working in a fast paced office environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- 2+ years previous experience in a Finance office, ideally sales ledger or credit control
- Professional telephone manner
- Customer Service aptitude
- Computer literate with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good organisation and administrative skills
- Great accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to communicate with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to use your own initiative
Please note this job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other duties as and when required. Due to the high volume of applications we receive for each position, only successful candidates will be contacted.