Shift Engineering Technician
Purpose and scope of role
As a technical specialist you will manage repairs, either in person or through subcontractors, respond to daily engineering issues and perform proactive routine maintenance and equipment inspection, being fully aware of Health & Safety legislation.
- Provide engineering expertise and services across the hotel to enable a 24/7 operation
- Liaise with the Housekeeping & Engineering Coordinator to prioritise jobs and provide feedback on status of repairs and time required to perform the job.
- Act as a rapid response resource to reported faults and emergency situations
- Participate in engineering projects and installations
- Perform planned preventative maintenance and proactive routine equipment inspection to ensure minimal down time of operational equipment
- Conduct routine equipment checks in guest rooms - and conduct routine repairs & touch ups to meet technical requirements & Hotel service goals
- Assess & identify any complex or potential technical maintenance or operating issues in Guest rooms, and report to Head of Engineering
- Offer support & advise to floor teams for fault diagnosis in technical equipment/systems, to ensure effective operation & minimal disruption
- Ensure the effective operation of all technical equipment in designated area
- Operate all equipment in a safe & effective manner & ensure compliance to relevant legislative and health & safety requirements
- To act as a team player & provide effective day-day communication with Floor team & other Hotel colleagues in order to provide exceptional engineering services
- Manage the logistics of working across 240 acres
- Support in the maintenance of staff accommodation
- Working within the shift rota as part of the engineering team
Health & Safety
Comply with all statutory and company health and safety, fire, bomb and security regulations
Ensure job required certificates are kept up to date
Along with your main duties you may be asked to complete other tasks and duties as and when necessary and reasonably required
You may on occasion be required to adjust your hours of work to cover the business needs
- ONC/HNC or City & Guilds Building Services
- Building Services & controls
- BMS controls
- Heating & air conditioning equipment
- General Equipment - Plumbing, Painting, Carpentry, Electrical & TV controls
- Problem Solving
- Customer service
- Computer literate
- Flexiable attitude
We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.