First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
Position Description Overview
1. Automated lead gen campaign management and execution – creative and messaging, data processing, liaising with agencies, measuring and reporting performance 2. Digital campaigns – social media and display campaigns to support lead generation 3. Trigger based retention email campaigns – creative and messaging, data processing, SF integration, measuring and reporting performance 4. Developing and updating sales enablement materials – includes videos, flyers, brochures, etc. 5. Event management support – organising exhib stand, creating marketing collateral, promotional materials, utilising social media opportunities 6. Partner marketing support – support partner campaigns, develop collateral, create mock-ups for pitch meetings, supply artwork and advise on messaging
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for the marketing of products and services to specific industry verticals/target markets and ensuring that the products/solutions are positioned to sell based on the needs of the market. The position requires the creation of go-to-market strategies and development of marketing plans to effectively position First Data solutions in the marketplace while delivering value to customers and profitable growth for the company. The individual will be required to collaborate with product management, sales teams, business development, PR, training and other internal marketing channels throughout the duration and execution of all marketing initiatives. Assist in defining and implementing marketing strategies.
- They will be required to create and execute integrated marketing campaigns, develop success metrics and monitor results of every marketing initiative for which they are responsible. Marketing efforts may include advertising, branding, product launches, acquisition/retention programs, sales collateral/tools development, event/tradeshow recommendations and ROI justification. This individual manages a complex large project or multiple small complex projects. They may coordinate activities of a larger project team including market research and analysis, financial analysis, competitive assessments, segmentation definition, customer/data analytics, program implementation, training coordination, project status reporting, and post-rollout review/audit. They will monitor, evaluate and document the progress of each project and provide the right level of communication depending on marketing initiative.
Scope of Job
The position develops budgets and is responsible for metrics to measure the success of his/her area of responsibility. This position will be expected to stay on budget with all deliverables and meet established deadlines.
Performs duties and makes moderately complex decisions and recommendations under limited supervision, applying a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures. This position is required to work autonomously in the development and execution of marketing initiatives. When decisions are needed beyond their span of control, assistance is sought from the Director or VP of Marketing. Works independently to meet all deadlines.
- Bachelors degree in business, MBA preferred with an emphasis on marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Minimum 5-8 years of progressive marketing, communications or product management experience in a business to business environment; Knowledge in a variety of marketing communications areas; Strong analytical skills; Ability to translate technical product information into external, benefits-focused material; Experience in the banking / financial industry a plus; Experience managing employees preferred; Over 5 years experience with vendor selection and management ; Excellent verbal and written communications skills; Demonstrated influence and negotiating skills with senior management; Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, parallel projects to deadline in a cross-functional team environment; Experience working in PowerPoint and presentation creation; Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Accuracy / Attention to Detail
- Measurement of Effectiveness
- Marketing Function
- Business Development
- Competitive Environment
- Market Research
- MKtg Strategy & Positioning
- Marketing Channels
- Internet-based Marketing
First Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer