Network Engineer CCNA/CCNP
- Design, install and administer multiple client sites including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, content filters and load balancers.
- Provide expert knowledge and command of industry best practices including fault-tolerant design, security and performance optimization for mission critical implementations.
- Design network infrastructure for secure hosted platform to support Active Directory, e-mail, hosted file, BES and SQL services via IPSEC and SSL VPN.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Keep current on new technologies and applications.
- Provide 3rd Level support for all network issues.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications for partnership with key vendors
- Daily monitoring and management of IP telephony infrastructure including routers, switches, and carrier circuits.
- Daily monitoring and management of all security issues including servers, firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Ensure incident tickets are closed on time and with high customer satisfaction.
In addition the appropriate candidate will have five-plus years' experience as a Network Engineer including:
- Basic scripting for process automation/maintenance.
- Sniffer/packet capture knowledgeIn-depth knowledge of the interdependencies/ links across the various technologies
- Hands-on experience utilizing network control protocols, network management protocols and security protocols.
- Hands-on network experience with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS
- Application specific protocols (SMTP/email server, H.323, SIP, Samba file share)
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate faults in system in networks.
- Strong security background- understanding of IDS/IPS, eSentire, Websense or related products.
- Experience in exercising independent judgment in client environments and knowledge of proper escalation procedures.
- Network Engineers must be able to transport themselves to various client sites as required, work overtime and be on call as required.
- Neat and organized- aware rack and cabling reflects not just on candidate's work but Edge's image and reputation as well.