I am currently working on a maternity cover position with a well known manufacturing business that are based on the outskirts of Ashford. The role of Financial Accountant will suit a fully qualified candidate, seeking temporary work, available on short notice.
My client are a US owned manufacturing business that have a strong presence in the UK. They manufacture various well known products. They have an excellent working culture and are based at a pleasant office.
The role will include but not be limited to the following:
- On a monthly basis, liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure all invoices are posted, post journals and accruals.
- Check all departmental cost centres for accuracy of posting and investigate any anomalies or variances to Plan/PPR.
- Post WIP Fixed Asset expenditure, capitalise any completed fixed assets and post monthly depreciation.
- Settle month end assessment cycles into SAP reporting schedule.
- Analyse Purchase Price Variances.
- Prepare & submit ECC Sales & Intrastat Reports.
- Spend 2 days a week assisting with the Plant Controller - Analysing Variances, Overhead Spend etc.
- Assist with the Quarterly Tax Schedule for US GAAP.
- Prepare & Submit Quarterly VAT Return.
- Prepare quarterly US Schedules.
- Prepare PPR working capital schedule for submission to the US.
- Liaise with audit team and provide all information requested to ensure a smooth audit process.
- Assist with the preparation of US Tax schedules.
- Assist with the Sarbanes Oxley internal audit process.
- Cash Flow Forecasting.
- Ad hoc analysis of financial data.
- Authorisation of payments in online banking system.
- Various ongoing SAP projects.
Your profile will be similar to the following:
- Recently qualified/passed finalist.
- Manufacturing experience would be advantageous.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Great time management skills.
- Good ability to build relationships with colleagues.
Competitive salary and benefits package
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960380433