Systems Engineer - Contract initially 12 months - Luton
Our client is a globally renowned engineering company, with worldwide operations in more than 30 countries, and sites specializing in: automotive, aerospace, land systems and powder metallurgy. Our client sits within the Aerospace Group and is a world leader in the production of transparencies and ice protection systems for both civil and military markets.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Engineering and Technology team. The successful candidate will ideally be qualified in a relevant engineering discipline, and have a demonstrable track record in product design and development within an aerospace environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Good understanding of Systems Engineering lifecycle.
* Working knowledge of ARP 4754 and ARP 4761.
* Requirements management.
* Determination of optimal design solutions against requirements.
* Preparation of specifications, requirement documents, Interface Documents, S,R,M&T Analyses and technical reports - internal and external.
* Supplier liaison.
* Test Schedules and Procedures.
* Conduct Electrical/Electronic Tests.
* Maintain BoM/System Baseline.
* Support for site continuous improvement activities
* Compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Legislation and Company's Policies.
We are looking for someone to be an integral part of the team, but also a self-starter with the drive to develop their skills further. Someone with the planning and communication abilities to make a real contribution to complex engineering projects, helping create the next generation of aerospace components. Someone willing to question why, continuously improve, and stretch out of their comfort zone.
Proven knowledge of any of the following would be beneficial:
* MS Office suite
* Structured problem solving
* Prior aerospace experience
WE SEEK A SYSTEMS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVRIONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960373917