Java Developer - Search Indexing / Solr, London, £425 per day, 3-6 months
PCR is working with a new small, dynamic software services company based in central London. They are backed by one of the world's most famous global media services brands. The company is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Java Software Developer, with Search indexing technologies ideally Solr, to join a small team of dedicated professionals. The successful candidate will need to have a good understanding of Modern software architecture and good coding techniques. Software development will be in a dynamic technical test driven environment and the developer will be responsible for owning software delivery from analysis through to delivery and maintenance.
Key Skills Required:
· B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related major or equivalent IT/IS/business experience. (MSc preferred)
· Minimum 5 years relevant Java development experience with some development on Linux server platforms and some Search and indexing technologies such as Apache Solr Or similar
· The software developer will be a creative and proactive problem-solver. They will write efficient and elegant code following the principles of test-driven and iterative development.
· Comfortable working at all levels of the technology stack while demonstrating expertise in at least one of the following areas
- Enterprise-level Java development of high-performance, business-critical systems.
- High-throughput, distributed systems using service-bus (ESB) and messaging patterns and technologies
- Search and indexing technologies such as Apache Solr, Lucene or Autonomy Idol
- Development experience with multi-language search tools
- Digital media tools and technologies (streaming, transcoding, image processing, audio analysis)
· Strong clear Communication skills with the confidence to stand up and contribute in scrum meetings and exchang ideas etc
· Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms - Binary Trees, Hashing, etc
· Solid understanding of best practice development methods and methodologies such as Agile SCRUM and Design Patterns
· Solid understanding of concurrency
· Experience in the development of sound and video applications preferable
· Network security concepts
· An understanding of enterprise scale n-tier and service oriented architectures
· Ability to work independently to meet a goal / date including proactive project management skills. Able to manage own time. Results oriented delivering to set timescales
Ability to develop good working relationships
Role to start ASAP