IT Technician Apprentice - 05418
The term hardware most often refers to computer machinery and equipment one can see and touch, such as CPU's, learn more about becoming an IT apprentice with Baltic Today!
Baltic Training and Alka IT Systems are thrilled to be recruiting for an IT Technician Apprentice to join their team based in Derby.
Founded in 2000, Alka IT Systems specialise in services including IT support, Web Design, Cloud Computing and IT Training. Due to their continued success, the Microsoft Partnered company are now looking for an individual who is studying an IT subject and has experience with hardware to join their team.
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow". Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
Working in a team of 3 reporting into the Director you will be trained and mentored to carry out the following duties:
- Answering and responding to 1st line & 2nd line support calls from customers.
- Maintaining all PC's and related equipment.
- Upgrading and installing software and computer equipment when necessary.
- Repairing PC's - both hardware and software issues.
- Identify the best PC fixes including rebuilding PC software when necessary.
Training to be provided:
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Business Processes
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Coding and Logic
Skills and qualifications required:
- Understanding of Networks and security
- PC / Hardware skill
- Understanding of diagnostics on faulty PC internals
- Installation of PC components (RAM, Hard Disks, CPUs etc)
- Installation and configuration of Networked PC's & Servers
- Hardworking and willing to learn
- Undertake personal learning relevant to the post as required
- Observe and implement all company policies and procedures
- Studying/Studied an IT subject
- 5 GCSE A-C
The future is bright
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- Monday - Friday
- 9am - 5pm (37.5 hours per week)
- £150.00 per week
Location and Travel
The successful candidate will be working in a small office based in Borrowash, Derby near Elvaston Castle County Park and is easily accessible via a number of public transport routes including 12,9.1 and indigio bus and there is a free onsite car park for those who drive.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need. So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the Recruitment Consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand your knowledge with the links provided!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80527034