Business Support Team Leader - Reigate and Banstead
Surrey County Council is committed to supporting those in the organisation who are under redeployment. Therefore this role will be open exclusively in the redeployment pool of candidates for 7 days from posting on the redeployment site.
£25,314 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Surrey Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters, Croydon Rd, Reigate, Surrey RH2 0EJ.
Flexible working supported where possible, laptop and mobile supplied. 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
Are first class administration and excellent customer service part of your DNA?
Does the idea of leading and developing a team appeal to you?
Would you like to work in a valued and respected blue light emergency service?
If yes, then we have the perfect role for you!
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service is a 24/7, 365 day emergency service committed to keeping Surrey residents safer through our prevention, protection and response work.
We are looking for a Team Leader for our Business Support team to oversee the delivery of day-to- day administration and Reception work.
The Business Support team provides support across a range of areas which include petty cash, compliments and complaints, Freedom of Information requests, facilitation of meetings, events administration and our Reception. The team are the ‘go-to’ people for admin-related queries from fire stations across Surrey and for staff based at Headquarters. A key area of work is supporting Fire Safety colleagues who are responsible for ensuring businesses comply with Fire Safety legislation.
You don’t need to have any prior experience of working in Fire Safety but you will need to have a methodical approach, a good eye for detail and be able to use a database. Confident and approachable, you are committed to delivering excellent customer service to colleagues and to demonstrating Fire Service values and standards to all callers and visitors.
If you are a positive individual who is able to prioritise, pays attention to detail and is a confident communicator, then this might be a good job for you.
To be considered for this position your CV and Personal Statement will clearly evidence;
- Experience in leading a team.
- Ability to prioritise and manage different work.
- A commitment to /passion for delivering first class customer service.
- Excellent attention to detail.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 18 March 2018.
Interviews will take place on 27 March 2018.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focused - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.