ParkerSteel is the largest steel stockholder & processor in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to the investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business, is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
If you would like to join a vibrant, progressive and innovative company, we have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, self-motivated individual to join our busy Maintenance Department at Canterbury.
The purpose of this role is to carry out planned preventative and emergency breakdown maintenance on a wide and diverse range of machinery which includes, overhead cranes, shot blast and painting line, CNC controlled saws, drills, lasers and water jet machines. This role will be working on a pattern of 4 days on / 4 days off of 12 hour shifts including nights.
The successful candidate will be given full training to support them in the transition into the role.
• Undertake all planned preventative maintenance activities as prescribed by the Original Equipment Manufacturers, recording and documenting findings and instigating repairs found to be required.
• To carry out breakdown repairs on all processing machinery and initiate countermeasure to prevent reoccurrences.
• Installation of new electrical, hydraulic and/or compressed air systems, as required.
• To keep all records up to date associated with the planned preventative maintenance.
• Training and development of other team members, in particular machine operators in basic maintenance and Planned Preventative Maintenance.
Skills and Experience (Essential)
• Electrical/ mechanical experience
• Strong HSE awareness
• Driven to ensure excellent internal and external service
• Self-disciplined and self-motivated
• Ability to communicate clearly- both verbally and written
• Good decision making skills against priorities
• Systematic fault finding skills
• Team player
• Good administrative and organisational skills including basic IT
Skills and Experience (Desirable)
• Knowledge/experience of processing machines
• Experience of fault finding on electrical, and PLC systems
• Evidence of achieving production targets and assisting in implementing improvement plans
• Experience of completing planned maintenance activities
• Turning, milling and light fabrication skills including basic welding
• Knowledge of hydraulic systems and pneumatic system including fault identification and rectification
• Experience in use of Fork trucks, Cranes and MEWP’s
• Driving license
• Gross Earnings upto £40,000 per annum dependent on experience and skills
• Company pension
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• 4x Life insurance / DIS
• Access to the company Perkbox membership
• Employee discounts scheme at Parker Tools
• Employee discount schemes
Competitive Package available to the correct candidate
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960338254