IT Helpdesk Support Analyst
ParkerSteel is the largest steel stockholder & processor in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to the investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business, is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
If you would like to join a vibrant, progressive and innovative company, we have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, self-motivated individual to join our busy IT Department at Canterbury.
The core business systems are based upon IBM’s AS400, supported by a Microsoft Windows Infrastructure across 9 sites. This includes user support as well as installation; deployment and maintenance of hardware, software, printers and mobile devices. These systems are being managed by the Network & Support team who ensure ongoing operations are maintained with 24x7 systems availability. Any skills, qualifications or experience in the above will be beneficial.
• A minimum of 1 year in an IT technical Helpdesk / service oriented environment.
• Will be educated with a HNC in Computing & IT, CompTia A+ certification or a similar discipline.
• Good all round understanding and Knowledge in building computer hardware and installation of software systems and programs.
• Good knowledge in installation and configuration of various operating systems (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, IOs, Android), MS Office Suite (2003, 2010, 2013 and above), Active Directory, Anti-virus software (Symantec, McAfee, Webroot, etc.), Email software (Exchange 2003, 2010).
• Good keyboard and mouse skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Good understanding of how a business functions and the interaction between departments.
• Basic understanding of networks (although not essential)
• Knowledge various operating systems and PC based office systems would be expected.
• Ability to install and administer computer hardware and software.
• Would have a detailed knowledge of software applications such as word processors, spreadsheets, databases and networks, particularly with regard to an organisation’s use of these systems.
• The ability to get on and work without constant supervision and often with minimal supervision.
• Hours: 37 œ hours per week
• Salary dependent on skills and experience
• Company Pension
• Life insurance
• Perk box
• Employee discounts scheme at Parker Tools
• Employee discount schemes
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960338501