The above position has arisen within our LABEYRIE FINE FOODS salmon Purchasing Team, reporting to the LFF Quality and Purchase Manager, Salmon Sourcing. This position is based at Farne within a French and UK team. This is a key role which involves the planning and demand of intake of salmon into the factory and this job includes collecting of offers from suppliers. An ideal opportunity for someone looking to develop their career at Farne.
Responsibilities will include:
- Updating information and order confirmations on both weekly and monthly basis from planning
- Confirmation of orders and transportation for Scottish salmon to LFF Factories
- Populate fish intake in system by inputting harvest details and ensure that supplier adhere to Farne / LFF requirements
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings and planning at Farne
- Send all financial claims to suppliers and ensure that they are progressed
- Collate monthly salmon planning and liaise with suppliers to make sure that planning is aligned
- Complete monthly reporting on Scottish market, claims for Farne and salmon prices
- Collect spot offers, in line with LFF budget prices, specifications and specific assessment / selection from LFF factories.
- Participate in making Monthly LFF salmon contracts planning (allocation of contracts in line with Group Contract Reporting), send to LFF factories and contract suppliers. Liaise with salmon suppliers to makes sure planning is aligned (quantities, harvest dates, sizes).
- Contribute to weekly reporting on Scottish Market.
- Contribute to report Farne salmon prices to LFF (spot/contracts).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong IT skills including SAP, Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Comfortable working with figures and any relating qualifications would be advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure and certain times
- Build up good working relationships with stakeholders both internal and externally.
- Confident dealing with clients and all levels of management in a face to face environment
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- The ambition to do what it takes to make a difference in a market leading organisation
- Flexible approach to working shift patterns includes weekend work