Category Manager Construction West Midlands
Due to expansion, an opportunity has arisen within this leading Civil Engineering firm.
As the Category Manager you will work alongside the Senior Category Manager to deliver the companywide procurement strategy. You'll have previous experience of working in the Civil Engineering sector as a Buyer or Category Manager and you'll have a working knowledge of how to complete and execute various forms of Building Contracts including NEC. You will also have strong communication skills and the confidence and ability to build relationships internally and externally with people at varying levels of seniority.
The role will suit someone with proven purchasing credentials and exemplary organisation skills. You'll be joining a well-established team, headquartered in the heart of Black Country and for someone with the right attitude and approach this will prove to be an incredibly worthwhile career move.
- Strong track record within the civil engineering, highways and airports sectors.
- An understanding of the UK supply chain market with specific knowledge and previous experience working with aggregates, coated stone and concrete suppliers.
- Familiarity with NEC Conditions of Contract documents.
- Experience of producing Procurement reports for large projects.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- A flexible approach to working hours and travel.
Above all, you'll have an excellent understanding of procurement best practice and you'll be looking for an opportunity to advance your career within a supportive and team-oriented procurement environment
Please get in touch today for further information about this immediately available opportunity.