£35,000 - £45,000 + including generous benefits
Our client is a Top 15 firm of chartered accountants and business advisers who specialise in advising and supporting owner managed businesses. They specialise in supporting over 35,000 business owners around the UK, providing a wide range of business expertise and knowledge.
They aim to become the premier adviser to business owners in the UK. The practices are independent local businesses owned and run by local partners & directors - which provides a model for outstanding accountancy advice but also support for the day to day business challenges which clients encounter.
Fresh thinking and a practical business approach are the reasons why business owners chose to work with our client.
This mixed tax (corporate and personal) role will be reporting to the Tax Manager and will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients, providing support to supervisors and managers. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client’s behalf.
Areas of Responsibility
- Preparing annual tax returns (individuals. Partnerships, companies, trusts and forms p11Ds/PSAs);
- Obtain missing information etc. from the client, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate;
- Advising clients on corporation tax liabilities as they become due;
- Review tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by junior staff;
- Complete posting for complex or missing areas of tax returns;
- Prepare basic capital gains computations;
- Prepare/amend and/or approve letters and emails for the supervisor’s approval;
- Draft replies to client or third-party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate;
- Electronically file tax returns if necessary;
- Assist in dealing with Enquiries raised by HMRC;
- Prepare other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties;
- Monitor chargeability on a weekly basis;
- Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a mixed tax environment
- GCSE English and Maths Grades C or above
- Ideally ATT Qualified with an intention to complete CTA qualification
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong team-player
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Good attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note: You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
In return you will be offered: -
A highly competitive package, including a generous array of benefits for you and your family. The environment in this Top 15 office environment is warm and friendly. There are great people here and they work with some really impressive clients in an environment not found in a conventional accounting firm.