Would you like to work for an Employer of Choice? Would you like to work for an Investors in People Gold organisation? If so, read on, as an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Network Engineer to join our expanding team.
We are looking for a confident communicator with excellent problem solving skills, strong attention to detail and who is able to thrive in a busy, fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
As part of a broader IT Operations community, the Network Engineer is responsible for supporting and improving the availability and resilience of Cabot’s IT infrastructure. They will be responsible for proactively managing the Switches, Firewalls, Routers, Load Balancers, and Communications circuits utilised across the CCM Group - including all aspects of network performance, scalability, maintenance and security.
The Role Holder will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and enforcing a range of operational disciplines to prevent critical outages that could otherwise cause a financial or reputational business impact. These include but are not limited to:
- Solution Design, Scoping & Implementation.
- Systems resilience, Backup & Recovery capabilities
- Growth & Capacity Planning
- Systems & Data Security and Risk Management
- Event, Incident and Problem Management
- Preventative maintenance, including patching and upgrades.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working within a technical support role delivering network solutions
- Recognised IT qualifications such as CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
- Strong knowledge & experience of Cisco enterprise switching & routing infrastructure
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of fully resilient networking and communications solutions.
- Highly developed knowledge of Layer2\3 network architecture including VLAN’s & DMZ layering principles.
- Extensive knowledge of LAN\WAN networking principles including MPLS, VPLS, VPN, P2P etc
- A good understanding of integration with cloud services - specifically MS Azure and Office 365
- A good understanding of network Intrusion detection\prevention solutions and network access controls.
- Experience of bandwidth management, packet shaping and traffic prioritisation solutions
- Knowledge of Proxy Servers & Load Balancing technology -e.g. F5 / Citrix Netscaler.
- Competent in the configuration and use of monitoring solutions - e.g. PRTG or Solarwinds.
- Experience of enterprise WLAN solutions, for seamless cross site services and guest/corporate user segregation.
- Experience of VPN & 2 factor authentication mechanisms to deliver controlled 3rd party\remote access.
- Experience of managing both physical and virtual firewall infrastructure & rule base controls.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary, a great bonus scheme and loads of fantastic benefits, such as gym subsidy, private health insurance, travel insurance, pension, 23 days holiday, on site massage and health checks plus much, much more, so if you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply now.