An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Purchasing Assistant to join an award winning retailer in Chesterfield!
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for all activity relating to ordering, chasing and getting stock into the building from the designated suppliers in the Far East
* Raise purchase orders to be sent to the suppliers
* Load information onto the tracker
* Chase sales confirmation from the supplier and check purchase price, quantity, pack spec and line value when received, as well as confirm production completion time is within contractual agreement
* Liaise with accounts to pay deposits where required
* Review all outstanding orders with suppliers on a weekly basis reconfirming all dates given
* Arrange shipment/transport for incoming stock and communicate with forwarders on booking and paperwork
* Ensure that for every shipment, payment has been made and paperwork has been circulated to the forwarder and the warehouse
* Monitoring processes and reporting on a weekly basis
* A weekly review is conducted to provide a summary of order changes / issues / actions and priorities for the suppliers
* Liaise with customer services to resolve any stock issues
The Purchasing Assistant will have worked in a similar role previously, looking for the opportunity to progress your career within a forward thinking company.
You will have excellent computer skills, able to adapt to new systems and ways of working quickly and efficiently.
This is a key role within the business and has excellent progression opportunities.
Working to deadlines will be passionate about delivering an excellent service to colleagues and clients alike to meet business objectives.
Working in a modern, open plan office, the company are very innovative, always looking for new and improved ways of working - something you will be able to thrive from within your career!
Salary - £20,000 - £22,000pa
Hours of work - Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm
On-site free parking
Brewster Pratap Business & Office Support is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing jobs in in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of business and office support recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information.