Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader
Our client designs and manufactures highly efficient AC and EC Motors, motorised impellers and fans for the residential and commercial HVAC manufacturing markets worldwide. They sell over 1 million products each year and operate from 2 production sites in the UK.
Due to continued growth, they now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader to join the organisation.
The Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader Role:
As the Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader you will spearhead lean initiatives and manufacturing best practice to develop a culture of continuous manufacturing improvement. You will also be responsible for delivering First Time Pass Rate, Process Control and execution of efficient production for all production lines.
Key Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader:
- Define and improve Production Cell layouts with particular attention to work flow and effective utilisation of space and resources
- Develop, document and implement manufacturing methods and procedures to meet relevant legislation and maintain quality and reliability for existing and new products
- Design and procure Tooling, Test Equipment and Materials Handling Equipment in order to achieve efficiency targets
- Support all appropriate departments in the management and implementation of design and process changes via the Engineering Change Note process
- Liaise with Engineering, Purchasing and Suppliers to solve problems and assure lowest possible costs and highest product quality
- Define Quality and Manufacturing requirements for New Product Developments
Skills & Experience Required:
- Good Lean knowledge and have an analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels in the organisation
- A self-starter and able to work flexible hours where needed with a 'Can do’ attitude
- An effective decision maker with the ability to analyse information efficiently prior to making decisions
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Engineering Degree 2:1 preferable but an HND with good experience will be considered
In return, the Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader can expect;
- Negotiable salary (Dependent on Experience)
- Pension Plan
- Commitment to personal development
- Good working environment with career progression
If you are interested in this Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader position, simply submit your CV, and confirm your minimum salary expectation via the button shown.
Keywords: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Production, Team Leader, Manufacturing, AC, EC, Motor, Mechanical, Electrical, Quality Control, QC, QA, Swindon, Wiltshire
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.